Thursday, January 6, 2011

2011: Let's do this thing

Seriously? It's 2011?
 People keep telling me that time gets faster
the older I get.
I am not that old and I feel like I just blinked and 2010 was gone.

Is is all the redirecting and intervention, the cooking, washing of clothes,
working, driving, doctor visits, grocery shopping that propels time into something unattainable?

Granted there are times when a couple of hours seems like a few months. But then the month is gone and a new month is already beginning. I can't keep up. Maybe I need to get into some kind of time chasing shape? Are there classes for that at the Y?

So, I decided to run our schools Hot Chocolate 10K again this year. I am already nervous. Really. I am one of those people. Beware.

I did not run for the last part of November and all of December. I was working a lot and had a cold that just would not retreat.
So here I go trying to get all my running in before the race day January 22nd.

No. It is really not a big deal. I was born to feel anxious about something and since the furnace is working okay at the moment and we are getting a new one for sure, I have to focus my anxiety on something else.

New Year's resolutions? Not really. I am sure to dwell on the lack of whatever it is I am going to give up and fail the first day so I just make a mental list of
what would make this year/life better.

1. be a yoga person. I try and fail a lot.
2. remind Jay more how proud I am of him and all he does for our family.
3. be patient: with my kids, my husband and myself
4. make pots I want to photograph
5. make pots
6. fire pots
7. find the energy to exercise, go to the studio, 
be a great mom and work (part-time) all in the same day
(Jen Mecca share your secret)!
8. always be a advocate for my kids... their daily cheerleader.
9. eat more food I have (or the community garden) has grown
10. sell some pots
11. spend more time with FAMILY and all my nieces and nephews!
12. Call my parents more. They need to know how much I appreciate them all.
And I do... So Much!


Okay, well that about does it for now. My kids are playing together without using hands right this minute so we all are sharing a moment of peace.

I love peace. In any form I get it.

Peace to this house and to the world.

Bring it on 2011!!!


Just a few lego projects put together over the holidays. They actually got three more after Christmas with gift certificates... that are not photographed! 

boba fett's ship!


luke's sand speeder and fooky

Hogwarts castle

A scene from a battle at Hoth (star wars lingo)



2 comments:

  1. Let's go to yoga classes together, Andrea! How about Friday night or weekend afternoons?
    I also need to work on your resolution #2 to Jeff. I'm going to tell you now, I'll be good at it by end of this year! Keep up with me;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the lego stuff... but they are murder to step on with bare feet.

    ReplyDelete

Your words inspire me to do and be more. So do your thoughts but I just can't read them yet! ;)