Monday, August 9, 2010

word of the day (might just be my new monday thing)

tran·si·tion  (trn-zshn, -ssh-)
n.
1. Passage from one form, state, style, or place to another.
2.
a. Passage from one subject to another in discourse.
b. A word, phrase, sentence, or series of sentences connecting one part of a discourse to another.
3. Music
a. A modulation, especially a brief one.
b. A passage connecting two themes or sections.
4. Genetics A point mutation in which a pyrimidine is replaced by another pyrimidine, or a purine is replaced by another purine.
5. Sports The process of changing from defense to offense or offense to defense, as in basketball or hockey.
6. A period during childbirth that precedes the expulsive phase of labor, characterized by strong uterine contractions and nearly complete cervical dilation.
intr.v. tran·si·tionedtran·si·tion·ingtran·si·tions
1. To make a transition.
2. Sports To change from defense to offense or offense to defense.



This has been the summer of transition.
I begin my new job, adventure tomorrow. Caring for a
10 week old little boy. We will be hanging out two days a week
while my boys are in school.

SCHOOL:
Next weeks transition.

We said goodbye today to our friend Maddy who is also starting school
this year. Georgia has Pre-K-5!
She has been coming to our house one week out of the month for
the last three years.
It is not really goodbye as she will be here during break times
but it just seems that life is
throwing me all kinds of CHANGE!

1. Passage from one form, state, style, or place to another.

This is what it feels like.
Not sure what the other place is going to feel like yet
but my stomach can tell you
what I am anticipating.

Me and Change try to understand each other but 
I generally feel fear in the excitement of it all.

I know this passage is going to bring much JOY
and I just need to sit back and embrace the ride.

Transition.

p.s. I love definitions and all the things ONE word can represent!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your words inspire me to do and be more. So do your thoughts but I just can't read them yet! ;)