Wednesday, February 27, 2013

time...

Three or four times a year I get this deep aching sense of time passing.
As I see my kids grow and inch, listen to their wise words,
notice them needing me less.

I want to grab them and wrap them up and duct tape and savour the moment.

Most often I do not do this. I wallow for a moment 
and then move on.
I say promises to myself about how I will spend more quality time,
how we will be more purposeful.
But more often we just move about our day. 

I am not saying I do not cherish them.
The boys.

I just sometimes forget to stay put.
To absorb the hug given
or the plea for my time.

I forget to be present.

Parenting is a 
wild and
awesome
ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your words inspire me to do and be more. So do your thoughts but I just can't read them yet! ;)