Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sunny Sunday

Let's be honest...

Yesterday there was a small gathering to celebrate two of my favorite people:
Rohan and Jay.
Rohan turned 8 almost a month ago but snow took control and our party days pushed further and further on into February. So as it turns out we had a double party. A spooky, ghoulish party with Cake and Beer! Let's just say that after making witches toe jam (guacamole), sea serpents (focaccia snakes), ogre's bath water (bean dip), ogre poop (peanut butter balls) and so much more....

Sunday is going to be mine.
The coffee was made, the tired big birthday boy was out late and is slumbering, and I, the not-so-good, told the younger boys to go watch t.v (the brain zapper), so their Dad could sleep. (It is Dad's last day of Staycation and he needs a day of pure rest).

So here I am creating this blog, drinking coffee and plotting all the wonderful ways this Sunny Sunday will be mine and theirs and ours.
I am excited about the journey of words, of self discovery, release, and guttural joy spewed from my finger tips. The artist in me, the mom in me, the wife in me and the kid in me is ready.

4 comments:

Your words inspire me to do and be more. So do your thoughts but I just can't read them yet! ;)