Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Well, hello there.

This is a busy time. Not just for us humans. The insects, animals,
plants, even the air seems alive with business.

A short and funny interaction between Rohan and Mom:

We are at the Vet. We are waiting patiently for our turn.
The boys, thanks to Mom's suggestion, brought legos to play with.
Rohan, a storm trooper, is shooting Darth Vadar, Max.
I perk up and offer my thoughts, "I do not like that and you know it"
(I am not a fan of guns and shooting games)

Rohan, being the smart 8 year old that he is says," What do you want us to do have a tea party?"
He then proceeds to use his best (and he has a good one) British accent, "Darth Vadar, would you like to come over for tea?"

I howled. I am still howling when I think how, sort of, right he is and that
they are getting older and they will sort some things out for themselves.

One other thought:
Snow and Blooms are a lot alike.
I was walking the dog in one of my regular places. There is
a house I walk by, old, baby poop green, boards propping up roof ceilings,
ladders on the roof, things everywhere.
In the front yard two forsythia bushes decided they were ready.
Their beauty made this house transform. 
It was as if a blanket of spring lay around the house reminding me
that just because I could not see the beauty before, does not mean it is not there.

Here are some more blooms and blossoms that make me feel like I am in a spring wonderland.





Everything is blooming most recklessly; if it were voices instead of colors, there would be an unbelievable shrieking into the heart of the night.  ~Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters of Rainer Maria Rilke

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your words inspire me to do and be more. So do your thoughts but I just can't read them yet! ;)