Monday, March 8, 2010

today's day

I am thinking about thoughts today. Today was one of those days where you get a whole lot done (running with a good friend, post office, car wash, groceries, cleaning and an after school walk/scooter with friends and dog!)   and it feels really good.... 
Until.....  homework time. Then the world whirls into another time zone and warps my perception of good. The struggle of "helping" a second grader with work they have to do but to them seems virtually impossible brings out a side of me that I hope is never seen on video. Poor Rohan. Poor Mom. That hour seemed like three.
I was glad when that hour of torture was over and we could just snuggle on the couch and watch each brother perform their own dance interpretation to a song of choice. Laughter really is the best medicine, which we did a lot of.


 Potty, teeth clean, wonderful story time and hugs. Goodnight. 


p.s. Thank you spring day for: open windows, energy, excitement, daffodils, and renewed spirits. I needed that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your words inspire me to do and be more. So do your thoughts but I just can't read them yet! ;)