Only ten more days until daylight savings and sixteen until the first day of spring! That means more hours outside, later walks, scooters, frisbee games. More time to use energy and soak in the sun. Yesterdays snow sure was a beauty.. the 2 inches predicted turned into over 6. Big flakes,wet with hope for what is stirring underground! Last sunday the boys and I went to our first Community Garden Day. It was so rejuvenating working with other "neighbors" toward a common goal, delicious, nutritious food.
I do have a garden here and it brings bounty. But I want to learn more
and be more accountable for my work time. Plus it is way more fun
playing in dirt with friends.
Yesterday I made an effort. An effort to bring excitement and wonder to a snow day. Here is what we did:
- We painted coffee filters with food coloring... watching the colors mix and change... we also made some monoprints with them to create our own wrapping paper. They are hanging in the windows.
- Next we documented a lego story that Rohan will later make into his own comic.
- I made lemon bread for which we ate a lot of...
- Then Max, Rohan, Fooky (the dog), and I took a walk up to our favorite neighborhood garden/sculpture yard. It was falling snow on our heads and tongues, when we thought about it, as we ventured down the road.
- Upon returning, Jay and I had arranged for a scavenger hunt through the house. The boys got straight to it weaving in and out and up and down until they reach the "treasure": a small bag of goodies hanging from a ceiling fan.
- Games were played
- a family show (the amazing race) and popcorn
- blocks and legos
- stories and bed
See for yourself.
(This is the yang to my yin)
This was an awesome snow day. Ten days until daylight savings and sixteen days until the first day of spring.