Thursday, January 30, 2014

A year and a day


This year has been a whirlwind of pottery, acting, family,soccer, school, family,friends, pottery, camp,
friends, family, acting, pottery,
soccer, acting, school, pottery and acting.

Rohan has had a particularly busy year.
He performed in three plays this year.
The Seagull, by Anton Chekhov
(a light hearted little show. Ha!)
He played Sorin and Medvedenko.
Then he play Tranio in The Taming of the Shrew
and Last but not least, landed 
a part at Flat Rock Playhouse playing
Scut Farkus, bully, for 
A Christmas Story.
This was such a great year for him. 
The challenges of acting keep him
grounded and fill him with determination and
purpose.

Recently he auditioned for his first commercial and
got a spot! The link above is the director's cut of the commercial.

He entered Middle School this year and
is making his way, as we all have.



Max had a wonderful year cultivating friendships, discovering his love of learning,
playing soccer three days a week, swimming, reading, making us laugh, helping his mom,
being patient and gregarious. 

Max is an independent spirit.
He is strong willed, a hard worker, and yet loves to relax and be silly
with his family.
He has developed a passion for board games, which he and his dad play often.
He is competitive and a quick learner.
He is growing up fast.
A leader.




I have made it in my first year as a business!!!
I would not say I am making a living yet,
but I am certainly busy and am constantly 
filling orders.

I am working on new ways to expand the business with less time
at shows. I am guessing Etsy will be my next
focus.
Rohan and I spent a lot of time together on the road in December making
our way to and from Flat Rock Playhouse.
8 shows a week is quite a commitment for a kid (and his parents).
One late night returning home from a show, we were hit by a drunk driver.
He tried to run also. And he did. I was able to get the license plate number
and he was caught, 30 minutes away from the accident.
It was a life changing moment.
We were okay and the car was damaged but not undrivable.
But it left its mark on our hearts and souls.

I share it only because stories can be important. And you never know if a story might
help someone not drive one night, if they will take a cab instead, knowing that this could happen.

But back to Freeman Clayworks...
It has been awesome. My work has shifted and changed so much. 
I am hoping to begin blogging again.
Finding it hard to be in the moment.

Here a few photos of my work:





I miss reading my favorite blogs everyday. 
Life is a wild adventure.
I am so glad to be a part of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your words inspire me to do and be more. So do your thoughts but I just can't read them yet! ;)