Someone came today,on a Sunday, to help me with my kiln. I had super
high hopes and as the minutes turned to hours I began to think
I WAS DOOMED.
My helper left after over 2 hours of trying to figure it out.
I was bummed.
Then, He called and said, I know what it is. It was something really simple
and IT WORKED!
It is all about what wire is hooked where and what ground wire is hooked
there and how tight everything is.
When I got off the phone, I ran down to the basement and fixed it myself!
I am going to fire it on Tuesday.
I will hold my breath until cone 6 bends and the kiln shuts itself off without
me touching a thing!
the inside of the switch box
the inside of the element terminal and all the crazy wires attached properly!
a side view
my headache with hope
This morning was a complete cooperative lego event.
There were lego's everywhere. Seriously.
I was impressed at their determination and drive to work together.
I said as long as they were put away by bed time they could play all day
(except for chore time ;o))
Halloween is an exciting time at our house.
We used to begin decorating Sept. 1. I quietly did not mention
anything Halloween and was able to put it off until Sept. 31!
the boys contribution
this is our family member: Armleg
He was born with an arm for a leg and he hangs in our house all year round.
We love armleg.
Well here is to patience, determination and the dream to have a working kiln.
I hope to have photo's posted of properly fired pots by next Thursday!